Stand a chance to Win a GMC 12 000 Btu Midwall split (with installation).
Terms and Conditions – Stand a chance to Win a GMC 12 000 BTU Midwall Split Air Conditioner (with installation) competition
By entering the SME Air Conditioning competition you stand a chance to Win a GMC 12 000 BTU Midwall split Air Conditioner (with installation) competition, you, the Participant, are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
1. This promotional Competition is organized by SME Air Conditioning and is open to and afforded to all South African residents who get an installation, service or repair done by SME Air Conditioning, are natural persons and who are 18 (eighteen) years of age at the commencement at the date of the Competition.
2. This Competition excludes employees, immediate family members and directors of
SME Air Conditioning.
3. The Competition starts on 19 September 2017 and ends on 30 November 2017 inclusive (“Promotion Period”). During this period, you can enter the Competition by:
- Getting an installation, service or repair done by SME Air Conditioning.
4. The prize that will be won is: 1 GMC12ASW, 12'000 Btu Midwall Split, with installation which is limited to a 3m pipe run.
- Customers are eligible for 1 entry on an installation, service or repair done by SME Air Conditioning).
5. Winners will be required to produce a valid proof of purchase.
6. The winner will be drawn on 4 December 2017 and recorded. The prize winner will be notified telephonically within 24 (twenty-four) hours from draw. Should a winner not be contactable or be unable to produce a valid proof of purchase, the winner will be disqualified and SME Air Conditioning reserves the right to draw another winner.
7. In order to claim the prize (and in addition to the other requirements stated herein), the winner must provide a valid delivery address in South Africa.
8. Prizes will be delivered by SME Air Conditioning to the winner as follows:
- SME Air Conditioning will contact the winner and arrange for delivery and installation at the winner’s physical address within South Africa.
- The prize cannot be transferred, refunded, substituted, amended, exchanged, or redeemable for cash.
- At no charge within a 50km radius.
9. SME Air Conditioning shall not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in the utilisation of the prize.
10. SME Air Conditioning shall not be liable for any manufacturing faults, damage or loss of the air conditioner once installation is complete.
11. SME Air Conditioning will carry the following warranty on the air conditioner: One (1) year unconditional warranty on mechanical parts and labour, where after another four years on the compressor, (Domestic Air conditioners) provided that the unit is serviced once a year by SME Air Conditioning. The end user is also required to clean the air filters once every two weeks/once a week as per service manual to obtain maximum efficiency form unit. Proof of service is required in event of a warranty claim on compressor. This service will determine the lifespan of the unit and is only in the best interest of the client, SME Air Conditioning cannot be held responsible for any damage due to; i.e. water damage to remotes and battery acid, acts of God, malicious damage and damage caused by rodents.
12. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner upon installation thereof and hence all of SME Air Conditioning obligations in regard to this Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate.
13. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of this Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, SME’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
14. User data collected via this Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for this Competition only.
15. SME Air Conditioning shall utilize all reasonable precautions to ensure that all participant's personal information is kept safe and secure during the promotion period and shall dispose of such information thereafter.
16. SME Air Conditioning may refuse to supply the prize if Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. SME Air Conditioning is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason.
17. Neither SME Air Conditioning nor any other person or party associated with this competition, their associated companies, agents, and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in this competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in this competition or from utilising the prize.
18. SME Air Conditioning reserves the right to amend, cancel, terminate or alter this competition immediately and without notice in the event that this competition is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event the winner hereby waives any rights which they may have against SME Air Conditioning and acknowledges that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against SME Air Conditioning.
19. To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The participant(s) hereby indemnifies SME Air conditioning against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participants entrance to the Campaign.
20. The competition shall not impose any obligation on SME Air Conditioning to make payment for any tax obligations on behalf of the winner to the South African Revenue Services and the winner shall bear liability for payment of such tax obligations to the South African Revenue Services. The winner indemnifies and holds SME Air conditioning harmless from any and all liabilities which may arise in respect of the above.
21. Winners may be requested to attend an SME Air Conditioning prize winning ceremony. Any and all costs pertaining and associated to transportation of the winner to the prize-winning ceremony will be for the winners account. SME Air Conditioning reserves the right to photograph the winner and use such photographs of the winner for publicity purposes including but not limited to posting such photographs on the SME Air Conditioning website and Facebook page. SME Air Conditioning shall not be held liable for any damage of whatsoever nature arising or resulting from the use or submission or uploading of any material, photograph, picture, graphic or image during the competition.
22. By submitting an entry, participants accept and unconditionally agree with the above terms and conditions.
23. SME Air Conditioning may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.SME Air Conditioning is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participant that they are rejected.
1. SME Air Conditioning may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the SME Air Conditioning ’s website www.smeaircon.co.za. The onus rests on the winner to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
2. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website www.smeaircon.co.za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from SME offices on telephone number 035 751 2247.
3. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of SME Air Conditioning, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud,SME Air Conditioning reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any winner; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Campaign as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
4. Save as permitted by Law, SME Air Conditioning reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Competition, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, suspension or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on SME AIR CONDITIONING’s website www.smeaircon.co.za .No liability shall lie against SME AIR CONDITIONING in favour of any winner and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore, the winner waives his/her right which they may have against SME AIR CONDITIONING and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against SME AIR CONDITIONING.
5. This Competition is governed by these terms and conditions.
6. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
7. SME Air Conditioning accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the prize, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of the prize on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
8. If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
Publicity endeavours will be within legal and reasonable ethical confines.